Invisalign and SureSmile Clear Aligners
The classic image of a mouth-full of metal, uncomfortable braces is a relic of the past! Improvements in technology over the years have made correcting the alignment of your teeth far less painful and much more effective, not to mention a lot more aesthetically pleasing!
In fact, many older people are using clear aligners to get the straight teeth they have always wanted. No one has to know you’re wearing “braces” with today’s clear aligners. And while most major insurance policies include coverage for clear aligners, but be sure to check your policy.
Some of the dental issues that clear aligners can effectively addresses:
- Abnormal spacing
- Overbites (upper teeth overlap lower front teeth)
- Underbites (lower front teeth extend outward farther than the upper front teeth)
- Crossbites (upper teeth and lower teeth don’t meet correctly)
Dr. Huelsman offers two options for clear aligners: Invisalign and SureSmile
For both Invisalign and SureSmile, Dr. Huelsman uses a state-of-the-art iTero scanner. No messy impressions of your teeth required! The iTero digital scanner eliminates that process while it produces high-quality, digital 3D scans of your teeth. It then translates these scans into a model using CAD/CAM technology, enhancing your comfort, as well as your overall experience.
Both Invisalign and SureSmile offer clear, custom-fitted tray-like aligners with attachments to move your teeth into their proper position, adjusting bite and alignment with the help of tiny attachments. These clear aligners work while work you are sleeping and watching TV, eating and working!
Benefits of Invisalign and SureSmile
- They’re nearly invisible – you’re straightening your teeth without anyone noticing.
- You can take them out to eat, drink, and care for your teeth.
- They’re easy to clean: just brush them well with toothpaste and a soft toothbrush.
- They are low maintenance – just visit us approximately every six weeks to make sure things are on track.
- They’re comfortable. Since they’re designed specifically for your teeth, the fit is perfect. You’ll eventually forget you’re wearing aligners!
- You don’t have to change your diet. No foods are off limits since they’re removable an cleangle.
- They won’t affect your daily life. They won’t affect physical activities such as sports, or how you eat, sleep, or speak.
Which aligner is best? Make an appointment and we’ll help you decide based on your needs.